Today has been absolutely exhausting and it all started on my morning drive into work. I have always found that the first song I hear in the morning somehow sets the tone for the rest of my day ... and Highway to Hell was the last song I would have chosen to start my Wednesday. And if that wasn't bad enough, the next song they had to play was by YES which only served to depress me further, as it reminded me of someone I was once very connected to. But that's life, right? You win some and you lose some and you're supposed to be thankful for the opportunity alone. At least that is what they say. But how do you know what they say is right when you don't even know who these "they" are?

It's better to have loved and lost then to have never known love at all.

I know you've all heard that little speck of wisdom many times before ... But tell me, how many of you actually agree? Sometimes I wonder why we need to go through these little life lessons because I certainly know that I could do without some disappoinment in my life. Now you and I both know that perfect does not exist ... It's just not possible to achieve perfection. Although some of us will try and try and try to find it, either in ourselves or in somebody else that we can live vicariously through. But we'll never have it! We just try to get as close to it as we possibly can. Which brings me to my point because somewhere in this mess of convoluted thoughts I actually have one.

For those of you who have yet to find "THE ONE" let me ask you a question. If you found someone who intrigued your mind, could make you smile and laugh as if you hadn't a care in the world, and made you feel as if you had always known them since the very first time your souls were pulled out of the clay of this earth, would you walk away from this person if there were just one thing about them you couldn't accept? It's a concept I like to think of as the "Everything Minus One Clause" ... What do you do? Do you hold out for all your ideals or do you grab on to what you have because perfect doesn't exist?

Unofficial polls rate women more realistic in the whole scheme of things. Women are much more forgiving than men when it comes to who they fall in love with. They don't need the 6 pack body or even a man with a full head of hair as long as that man serves their basic needs to love, nurture, laugh and live a full joyful life. Men on the otherhand want the package deal. They want Barbie and all the accessories that go along with her. (Most men anyway, however I grant there are a few out there who know the real deal when they see it.) But real women can't compete with a plastic doll and ideals that are so out of whack that for many they are not humanly possible. Does this mean that everything else we had to offer is nothing? That we are unworthy of loving and being loved in return. Are we destined then to become spinsters with cats in every corner of our rooms, sitting lonely each and every Friday night watching infomercial repeats?

Shit. I didn't think I could further depress myself but what do you know, there was still a little room left. If it wasn't so damn late (hey people this is a work night after all) I'd throw on Moulin Rouge to cheer me up ... Course the ending always does me in but it's the inbetween that counts. Because ...

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is To Love And Be Loved In Return.

** Alarm Clock Log **
Set for 5:30 a.m. Shut off at 5:17 a.m. Overslept and woke at 6:14 a.m.and Spent the rest of the day trying to catch up. **

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs