From the Free Throw Line

Considering what time I have to get up in the morning to go walking with Bren, I should be a smart girl and go to bed. Only problem is, I'm not tired. Not in the least. Instead I think I'm still on a laughing high from having had so much fun tonight. And it was good medicine, along with a good learning experience ...

I learned that I should never make any comments out loud about basketball - a sport that I know absolutely nothing about except for the fact that there's a ball, a net and aside from the Harlem Globetrotter's not much call for spinning the ball on your fingertip - because when it comes to basketball, I know even less than I know about football. And the only thing I really know about football is to occasionally shout obscenities at the TV screen, suggest that now would be a good time for a little play action, and mock the refs with some of my own handcrafted hand gestures.

So I guess the most important thing I learned about basketball is that the people behind the tables on the sidelines are NOT judges. Unlike the Olympics or other sports where the judges ALWAYS sit behind a little table off to the side, these people who sit there during a basketball game are in no way contributing to the scoring of said game. I mean like, who knew?

Okay ... I'm kidding just a little bit. I really knew that they weren't judges but was just saying so to amuse those around me. And I think it worked ... I mean really, if you could have seen the looks on their faces, only one word would have described it ... Absolutely priceless.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs