From the Ashes

I cannot waste any more time crying. What's done is done. It's time to leave this bitter nest and move on to one that is all my own. Sure he didn't leave me much choice tonight when he walked in the door, and shoved the news down my throat.

One month he said, slamming doors and retreating down the hallway to lock himself inside his room. One month to move out, move on...

His name is on the mythical lease, not mine. And I'm no longer welcome here. What kind of man can kick a woman and her child out without batting an eye? Who can even call him a man?

When KC came out of her room, her eyes red with tears, I knew she must have heard the whole thing. She's as scared as I am. But she's ten and allowed to be scared. Me on the other hand, I'm almost thirty-two and my time to be scared has long since passed.

Am I broken? Hell no. I'm the strongest I've ever been.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs