More Than Words ...

I can't help but focus on words. Words always have meaning to me. Some people say things without meaning to. I say things meaning to say them, even when I know that sometimes I shouldn't. Sometimes I should order myself to sit down and be quiet. And other times I take pride in my verbosity.

Sometimes word are all I have. Even when I'm only saying them to myself. Or writing them down in a secret journal wishing that my thoughts could be as easily heard as the ink that scrawls them across the paper.

But there are some thoughts that I keep to myself and do not share. These secret words live inside me like small dragons breathing fire. But I do not melt. And I seldom say these things out loud.

I have a passion for words. The way they look. The way they sound. And how they tell the story of my soul. Words are my energy. And energy lasts forever.

4 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

Stacy,
I love the small dragons breathing fire analogy.
I once taught about the power of one word. A simple word. I asked my class to close their eyes and listen. When they had closed their eyes, I spoke one word, "orange." I asked them to open their eyes and tell me how many saw the color in their minds. Most did. I asked how many saw an orange. Some did. I asked how many could actually taste an orange. There were a couple. All from saying one simple word. Imagine the power of a few words rightly put together.
Keep putting those words together.

KC said...

Orange always makes me think of a brilliant sunset, and being bathed in light. The gentle warmth that emits from being caught in its glow. At least that is what I think when I hear the word orange ...

Thanks for the compliment ... I am always flattered when people say they like something I've said or wrote. In fact, I'm a compliment junkie ...

But as it's time for me to go to work, I must put the putting together of words on the back burner for later.

TTFN.

TammyJ said...

Stacey.. don't let anyone ever take your words.. being married to a word man I know how important words are and how much a simple word can touch someone even if you don't know you have touched them.. I know there have been times that your words have touched me..and inspired me to start my own blog to express my words.. have a great day..

KC said...

I'm trying ... I really am ... I've just been so busy, busy, busy ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs