The Trouble With Being Ill

Lucky me. I've a three day weekend and here I am just a hacking and coughing away with a vicious early summer cold. It's just not right. And believe me when I tell you, I know exactly who I should blame. Two people in fact. The very two who sounded much like I do now except much worse and who despite being afflicted with the bubonic plague kept coming into the office, day after day, for the sole purpose of passing their contagion around. I mean really, why use a sick day when you're actually sick?

So here I sit, mug of hot chocolate to the right of me and an open door to the basement to the left of me. And I think that perhaps I should be doing more than I am, like finishing the laundry I took downstairs yesterday, or cleaning up the dishes I left behind last night in favor of sleep. And while decisions will have to be made, at the moment I've decided upon not making them. Not a single one. I'm sick after all and as far as I'm concerned that is a good enough excuse to last me until early afternoon if not later.

2 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

i just want to strangle people when they do that ... ARGH .. there aren't enough germs in the air already, you have to come to our enclosed workspace and fill them with your contagion ... Makes ya wanna go to their houses when you finally get the bug and cough all over their stuff .. "Just returning your disease," I would say ..

Hope you feel better soon

KC said...

Ron,

With a little help from various over the counter this will make you feel better tools, I am beginning to feel a tad bit better.

At least well enough to not let my illness keep me inside on days too beautiful to pass on.

Happy Memorial Day.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs