A Matter of Choice

I’m not waiting for life to just happen anymore. I want to be part of it. Every small decision, every giant leap of faith, every moment that the sun shines and the moon ebbs the tide away back to sea.
 
I choose to see life for what it is, a vast array of options and opportunities. To choose one thing or let go of another. To say yes with everything in my heart, or to say no when what’s been offered is not enough.
 
No one should ever wait for perfection, if the right time and place occur; it’s a joyful accident of fate. One that should have us raising our voices in praise of God above for the miracle that has been bestowed. And if we are lucky enough to realize what we have, we learn to hold onto it and give it value. For nothing is as random as we would like to believe it is and a gift offered and turned away is a gift that may never be given again.
 
A man who is in earnest for my affections will never leave me in doubt of his. He will no more play cat and mouse with my heart than I would his. A man who did not want to lose me would never take the risk to put me on hold and have me walk away, or tide himself over with pieces of me until he’s absolutely certain that I am the one he wants.
 
The man who gets me must be decisive. He must know his heart and mind at once to know one very simple thing, the heart that says yes will always trump the mind that says no. And the man who doesn’t love me enough, should be man enough to let me go…


(For GB... My heart says yes...)

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs