Good and Going

I am exhausted.

I seem to spend my days doing. Running here, running there. Logging on the miles with my feet and with my car. Going, going, going...

I can't remember the last time I spoke to Brenda on the phone. Can't remember the last time I took the time to read a good book. Can't remember the last time I allowed myself to sleep the morning in.

I've gone from being a possibly maybe kind of girl to a count me in even if I don't really want to go gal. And though I'm overjoyed to finally be living life to its fullest, I'm quite convinced that a little down time needs to be on my docket soon.

And as usual, finding the right balance is far easier said than done.

And there are moments when I have to right myself from turning the wrong way, or keep myself from making new choices more reminiscent of the old. So much so I've become my own best reminder of what it takes to get where you want to be.

After all, I know exactly what I won't ever settle for again...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs