Soul Stirrings

Another quiet Adirondack morning and it's just me and the sound of this keyboard while my Mother creaks the floorboards in the other room sorting through piles of piles of more piles. The rain falls straight, from sky to ground, as if it's worried someone will come to take its measure.

I could get used to this quiet. This ticking clock. The sound of cars passing by through rainy puddles on the street. The slow nature of life in a place where I have nowhere to go and no true schedule demanding that I be diligent in all my duties.

For the moment I am relaxed. Just enough to breathe a sigh of relief, but not enough to ease the worry knots knitting down my back. Vacations cannot last forever. It is a sad and sorry fact and I am counting down the days until it's done.

If wishes were horses, I'd put my own out to pasture here. Up in this quaint mountain view town and city. Up here where time stops and starts on whims, pushing me forward into the future, calling me back just as quickly to the past.

Places such as these that whisper home. Here is where you are, and here is where you should stay. Why return to places that do not speak to you such as I?

But how can I be true?

Too many obligations call me back to where I am. Home, job, family, friends... There is no option to pack them all up and move away.

So I cement myself down as best I can.

Making do.

Marking time.

Waiting.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs