Captured Rainbows

Ambitious is just another word for stupidity in my book. Stupidity being defined as getting this sudden urge to paint my dining room early yesterday afternoon only to find myself running back to the paint store a few hours later to buy yet another gallon of paint in order to tackle the kitchen walls as well. And sore is how I feel this morning from my shoulders all the way down to my paint speckled toes while my ass is seriously contemplating lodging a formal complaint against God knows who, convinced that it should be much smaller than it currently is due to yesterday's unplanned buns of steel workout. However my right shoulder probably has first dibs on the lawsuit due to the dislocation – or at least believing it's been dislocated. And as far as I'm concerned that's more than enough to run with, or at present time stumble along with as I whine.
On the positive end of the spectrum, my kitchen/dining room is looking absolutely fantabulous and when I get home, I'm going to pull up a chair and simply stare at the wall for a good six hours to admire my handiwork. It's that damn pretty and it matches my pottery to boot which makes it that much better than any other paint I could have splashed upon my walls. But my painting days are far from over. Tonight will see me once more with paint brush in hand right along with roll after roll of blue painters tape as I work on the finishing details in KC's room which was also painted this weekend. Because I can, and because I feel like upping the notch on the difficulty level, I will be adding vertical stripes to the knee wall on one side of her room to finish off the "I watch way too much HGTV look" that I've going for. Perhaps I just have way too much time on my hands…
In other news, my Mom will be in town this weekend which is always a good thing as I am a Mama's girl at heart and don't get to spend nearly enough time with her considering she lives in North Carolina. Added bonus to this visit is she will be arriving bearing gifts, one of which will include an antique writing desk for my fireplace/reading/writing room that I've been slowly making over since January. Who knows, maybe the next great American novel will be written on that very desk… Doubtful. But possible…

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs