Silly Goose

The oddest thoughts always occur to me when driving. Like this morning for instance, I was listening to classical music – because sometimes it's absolutely necessary to have a hip hop free ride to work – when I noticed flock after flock of Canadian geese on their return trip home. And I was staring at the sky while driving – which proves my theory that I suffer from attention deficit disorder only when to do so might prove hazardous to my health – when I began to wonder about the lead goose in the V-formation. Questions like what does one have to do to become the lead goose? How does one keep lead goose status? Can one ever retire from being the lead goose? And how much stress must it be for the lead goose to be responsible for keeping everyone in line and on the right course? And if a lead goose is to us as a pilot would be, does that mean that other geese farther down the line act like flight attendants seeing to the needs of others during this whole business of migration?
If there are any experts in the Canadian goose field, I welcome your comments. Or any comment for that matter.
Where did you all go?

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs