A Mouth Full of Marbles

Your selfishness knows no bounds.
Words you say trip off your tongue to tangle with lies
and truths only told in halves.
Every other weekend you appear perfect.
The good Dad just up until the time she can be returned.
Then you are what you have always been,
someone who can leave his responsibilities behind.
Someone who can easily forget they exist.
Someone who points his fingers
and places blame on those who have done no wrong.

And I am amazed
at how much hurt you can spew from your venomous mouth.
And I am so angry
that I dare not trust myself to be in a room alone with you.
Or even on the other end of a phone.
For I would tell you what it seems you cannot figure out.
The barbs you think to send my way,
sting the child you say you love and would not harm.

5 comments:

L said...

Oh! I know where you are comng from! Sorry you are dealing with it too...

TammyJ said...

Stacey..sorry that you are going through this.. I have been there.. It doesn't help to know that, I am sure.. but sometimes it does help to know you aren't alone.. Keep being the great mom you are..

Orbling said...

It is often the correct thing to do, to inform people of where they go wrong.

It could be taken badly, but if you sharpen the blade and twist it real well, it'll be thought over long and hard, change can spring from that.

KC said...

Thanks guys for the moral support ... It does - and yet, saddens me to know - that others have and are going through these same things.

You know, it's funny. The family court system can take care of a lot, but they can't close the mouth on stupidity. I guess you can't count on some people ever growing up ...


Orbling ... Blade sharpening and twisting is not my thing ... However, a few well thought out words with a hint of rebuke in them can do wonders ... At least in the small doses that they're given in.

Orbling said...

Well all blades that I would speak about or consider would be the metaphorical kind, ofcourse. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs