In the Checkout Line at the Grocery

"I don't want it."

"What do you mean you don't want it?"

"I don't want it as in put it back. Take it off the order. I'm leaving without it."

"You don't want any of it?"

"No," I said, giving the cashier an exasperated look.

"But it's on special."

"And according to the sign you have it's also buy one get one free and if you're telling me that the sign is incorrect and it's not buy one get one free, then I don't want either."

"So you're saying that you don't want them?"

"I believe I've been saying that for the last five minutes ..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh girl! the grocery store is a can of worms! oh lordy.

M.

KC said...

I think there must be a stupidity requirement to work at the grocery store I go to ...

Last night, I had to run in for a gallon of milk, english muffins and cat food ... I wip out my debit card after an insane amount of time for the woman to swipe all my items through, and am about to pay for my order when she says in the loudest voice I've ever heard used in public, "You're paying with FOODSTAMPS?"

My eyes about bulged out of my head as I looked at her completely appalled by her lack of couth, brains, you name it she had none of it ...

"No," I said, and rather forcefully I might add, "I'm paying with my debit card."

"Not FOODSTAMPS?"

"Do you see any?" I asked, as she shaked her head no. "Well, then there's your answer."

I really need to find a new grocery store!

KC said...

Damn if it's not a small world after all ...

And here I thought I was going to move into a neighborhood where I wouldn't know anybody ...

Guess I proved myself wrong. I've got my boss right next door and a friend of a friend in my backyard.

Who knew?

As for resting, I think it's going to be rather short lived. More is the pity ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs