Getting Back on Track

It's time to get this blog back on track. And despite my recent thoughts of finding an appropriate way for it to meet its end, I've decided to throw it a life line and rescue it from its self imposed extinction.

So much has happened this past month that it's hard to know where to start or even what I should, and of course, shouldn't say ...

But as you've all gathered by now, KC and I moved our entire household. And it was quite an experience. I am convinced that you never know just how much nonsense you own until you've had to sort and pack it all away into boxes. I've still all sorts of unpacking to do, and rearranging to do as well, but for now, this week, I'm keeping rather low key getting used to the hum of the fluorescent light in the kitchen and the sounds this house makes in the middle of the night.

There is some humor in this move however ... The house I'm in boasts one thing that no other place I've lived ever has. I'm now right next door to my boss. And even though car pooling is now an option, I'm really going to miss those mental mind break days I used to take every now and then just for fun ...

I met some of my neighbors tonight, and KC quick to make friends at her new school was overjoyed when we met one of her classmates while walking the roads trick or treating. And it was nice to know that after one day at her new school, my daughter has proven to be far more resilient in dealing with change then I ever have been in my entire life. This is a quality I hope to encourage in her as life really is about living in the moment and opening yourself up for the possibilities that change brings. Maybe I should take a lesson from her on this ... Change doesn't always have to be about rolling with the punches. Sometimes it's a light you need to follow to leave the darkness behind.

Or as George Michael was once known to say, "You've got to have faith-a-faith-a faith-a."

3 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

Welcome back. Your blog went down smooth as silk with my morning cup of java. New experiences, new thoughts and the blog goes on.
KC appeared in your neighborhood as what for Halloween?
And the current word on Thanksgiving is what? If you don't think it's a real possibility, please let me know...I'll will be disappointed, but I'll understand if there are impediments.
Once again, welcome back!

Anonymous said...

so happy your back on track.

D.

KC said...

Malyssa ... Anytime you want to come on over for coffee, just walk from your backyard to mine ...

Friends in the area are always good things ... I'm thinking I need a girls night out very, very soon!

D ... I'm trying. Can't promise much, but it's a start.

Mom ... Still up in the air on Thanksgiving. Will let you know soon.

;)

Hugs to all ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs