Would've, Could've, Should've

Yeah. I know ... Those really aren't words. But we've all said the same thing more or less at some point in our lives. And Lord knows, I was singing this phrase last night as I was driving home in the rain from the hospital. The hospital where one of my sisters should have been, but wasn't ...

And yet, no phone call. No quick call to me at work to say, "Don't go to the hospital after work, I'm not there ... It turned out to be a quick in and out and go back home procedure." No. Instead I hurried KC out to the car, stopped at my Dad's to pick up my other sister and drove all the way to where the hospital was only to realize ... I'd just wasted a quarter tank of gas.

And gas is STILL expensive!

Needless to say, I wasn't all that amused. And even less so when I realized that I could have gone to Terri's last night after work and socialized with some out of (and in) town friends that were up only for the day.

Instead my youngest sister and I spent the night chilling out and talking and watching some weird game show called Lingo where Sal (a contestant) gave new meaning to the word dumb luck. He was however extremely entertaining, and if we were to ever meet in real life, I'm sure we'd get along ... He did after all attempt to protest another player's move at one point in the show, which scored him mad points in my book. It didn't work of course, but it was funny.

TGIF!

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs