It's My Party ...

I'm thirty-one today. And it's strange to think that I could really be that old when it seems like it was just yesterday I was turning sixteen and learning how to drive my Mother's car. And the day before that I was running around half naked in the back yard with an Indian chieftain's hat on my head pretending I was a great warrior with a green cape wrapped around my shoulders.

It amazing to think that I'm really a grown up now. I remember when my Mom turned thirty-two and how old I thought she was. And now I'm just a year away from that same age and the truth is, I don't feel old at all.

Maybe the thing is that no matter what age you are, you're always who you were the day before. Even when I'm old and gray, I'll still be the same little girl with the big brown eyes and slightly mischievous smile ...

2 comments:

KC said...

Back and hoping that this time it's for good ...

Keep those nimble fingers of your crossed ...

:)

And just for the record, I don't feel a day over 84 ...

L said...

So sorry to be late! I hope your birthday was nice, and that this year blossoms in ways you never imagined for you!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs