Just My Ten Cents

Well, I've started my Christmas shopping, not that I was nuts enough to attempt the 5 a.m. Black Friday morning rush. Working enough years in retail (during my younger days) gave me more than enough common sense to avoid that kind of pandemonium. And seeing the carnage on internet video more than secured my thoughts that no deal at any given WalMart store or any other of its ilk is worth getting up at the crack of dawn and subjecting my body to the trampling. Not my idea of a very Merry Christmas trying to knock someone else over for some gotta have toy ... Screw that. I don't even like to grocery shop during the holidays!

Because around here, it's quite obvious that the holidays do something to your head. Suddenly every moron who ever got behind a wheel is out and about, cutting and weaving through snow laden roads and heavy traffic. And every penny pincher is playing their own version of Mr. Scrooge in holiday lines that seem to go on forever as they argue with the cashier over the "Principle of ten cents" ... Get a clue people! There is absolutely no principle of saving your ten cents when you keep me waiting in line for over ten minutes! Move on and get over it or if need be put the damn item back!

For instance I tried to buy a new snow brush for my car the other day. But when I got to the register, wouldn't you know it, there was no price sticker on the item. Now I could have been a miserable bitch (I am getting quite good at it you know) and held everyone and their mother up for a price check but I said screw it. I wasn't about to waste my own time for some four dollar snow brush that I could probably get cheaper somewhere else anyway. You see, I have no principles. At least not when it comes to my holiday shopping ...

1 comment:

Nance said...

This totally made me crack up as it reminded me of yesterday when I was in Aeropostale in a mega line of other mom's trying to get that tshirt (that should be 12.00 to start with) at half off. I looked up ahead of me and said is it worth it? I put it back and ended up ordering it online when I got home. Then the lightbulb went on and I decided to finish shopping online. Happy Holidays to you :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs