Unsent, Unspoken

Silence speaks louder than words. Censure alone speaks volumes. And it's what isn't said that does most of the damage. Because when we're forced to read between the lines, we draw a line that can't be crossed. Not by ourselves. Not by others.

If we're left to guess, we often guess wrong. We error in favor of what we think is sound judgment. Our interpretation of what is and what is not as we seek to understand. But all we do is redefine our language. And play back conversations in our minds. And wonder how something so simple as a sentence can go in one ear and out the other and remain misunderstood.

I cannot put my text in bold letters to make you understand. Your perception as you read will alter from my own. And what I'm saying will make no sense. But in my mind the wheels are turning, just as I turn from left to right, tossing in my bed with my desire to know what thoughts occupy your mind, and why it is your mouth moves with empty words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly!

DSantario

KC said...

D ... I thought you might like my thoughts on that ... I must admit, it was your blog that got me thinking ...

As for Orbling ... He comes and goes as he pleases and posts when he may ...

;)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs