A Flop of a Flick

Watching a bad movie is like committing yourself to watching paint dry. You just can't wait for it to be over. And yet, you just can't let it go without knowing how it ends.

And this is why I just suffered through two tedious hours of trying to figure out what exactly the story line of this movie was supposed to be. And the only thing I can say about it, as I never really did discover its point, is that by far, the credits were my favorite part of the whole damn thing. Not that I bothered to read any of the names mind you. I wasn't all that interested in who starred, produced, and brought this bit of fluff to life in the least little bit. The parting song however was a highlight. And when I say highlight, I do mean the only one.

As much as I know this is going to disappoint you and as much as I would like to share the title of this movie with all of you, it probably wouldn't be fair. There's a bunch of people on Netflix who ranked this one right up there, and far be it from me to embarrass them publicly.

And yet they should be embarrassed. This movie was almost enough to make me cancel my subscription. Almost. But not quite.

I do have good movies on Que for this weekend though so there's still time for redemption. Still if there is a lesson to be learned, it is this... Never trust a movie's rating based only on the number of stars it has.

It's good to remember that sometimes a lemon is still a lemon with four stars.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs