Short, Sweet, & Sleeping

Saying you're too tired to write may be no excuse, but it's the one I'm running with tonight. And to be honest, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open right now. Not that I don't have a thousand stories to tell. I actually do...

Stories like my weekend trip to Petsmart and the moron guy who asked whether or not our dogs came straight from Italy. Had I been given the opportunity, I would have made up a tall tale worthy of Paul Bunyon when answering that one. Instead Jo took the reigns of control and answered him with honesty. Her excuse? There were too many people around waiting to hear the answer to be sarcastic. My opinion? The more the merrier.

And really, while I'm on the subject of dogs, I did take some exception to this morning's news. Evidently people in California have nothing better to do than mock the ugliness of their family pets and held some sort of contest yesterday. Now this probably, or I like to think it probably would have escaped my radar had it not been for one thing. An Italian Greyhound scampered away with the title. (For the second year in a row.)

But seriously, I saw pictures of the dog and I really have to say, it was quite unfortunate. There's nothing like a few bad birth defects to really make you look like you've been thrown under a bus... More than a few times.

Let's just say that I hope Victoria's owner loves it for the wonderful little dog I hope that she is... For title or not, no dog wants to be crowned queen in a casting call for the downtrodden.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs