Angels On Earth

Did anyone else out there watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition last night?

Sweet Alice got to me.

After watching the dramatic changes Ty and the crew did to her house, as well as their efforts to help others in the neighborhood, I was more than ready to pack my bags and offer my own services to lend a hand. Skills or no skills, I wanted the chance to work beside a woman who cared about her community as much as her family.

And I cried, as did many on the show, as Alice broke down and gave thanks to God and to the show for coming into Watts, for giving her the home she never thought she'd be able to have without having to move far away from where she lived.

I can only hope that the good started in her neighborhood continues to grow and blossom with each passing day.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs