The Dreaming Hours

At two something in the morning, some things just become clear. Like no matter how much you might want to change the world, chances are you'll never really make all that much of an impression on the bigger slices of life, trading instead for the smaller moments of clarity that touch only a few.

Tonight I've learned about silence. Not an easy lesson for a girl who likes to talk too much, too loud and too often. But after getting the brush off once again, it became obvious - even to me - that it was time to step back and let the situation fumble around on its own without any further assistance from me.

So I went to bed, called it an early night and tried to focus my mind on anything else other than what's been bothering me today, and much to my surprise, exhuastion finally won out in the end. A much different reaction than what I am used to, since in the olden days, sleep would never have come to such a restless heart.

But to a girl, who is now quite sure that the problem needs to be fixed on the other side of the fence, sleep was the only choice for ending a very long day.

So I'm here, waiting with my own roll of duct tape to help fix whatever has gone wrong, because as I've been told, duct tape can fix most anything unexpected.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs