Up In Smoke

Take back my brownie badge, I just about set the kitchen on fire tonight. Proving once again - much to my own personal embarrassment - that when it comes to baking skills, I'm much better off being in charge of licking the spoon.

And yet the sickening smell of baked - burnt - cookies is sticking to the walls. Which leaves me wondering just how long the house is going to stink like this, since KC refuses to leave the door open in the living room long enough for the smoke to filter out.

"Mom," she yells, strutting over to the door and slamming it shut, "It's winter ya know."

I raise my eyebrows, casting her a sideways glance, trying to keep a straight face in light of her over the top attitude.

"Do you smell the smoke?" I ask her, watching as she nods. "Do you really want to smell it all night?"

She shakes her head in a quick no to answer, sniffing at the air, as the light bulb clicks on inside her head.

"Awww Mom! You burnt the cookies again, didn't you?"

Guilty as charged ... Guilty as charged.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs