Getting Back on Track

Nothing I can do or say tonight is going to make my daughter happy. In fact, it would be safer to say that I'm having quite the opposite effect. Two extra days away from home and my little one has come home like a bear. Growling and gnashing her teeth in a long list of complaints that seem endless.

But I should be used to this by now. This readjustment phase that has to happen when she comes home. One full day of wake and sleep until she's back on our schedule, until she's ready to hear me and actually listen to what I'm saying. Until I'm not the worst Mother in the world who still hasn't bought her that brand new pink Yankees jersey sporting Derek Jeter's number two ...

1 comment:

Orbling said...

Well you wouldn't want to spoil her...

On the bright side, at least she isn't a teenager yet. :S

Then that state becomes semi-permenant.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs