Ho Hum ...

It's raining now. A soft, gentle rain cold to touch that changes directions only when the winds begin to blow. And it reminds me of something that my Mother has always said, about leaves turning back upon themselves and cows lying down in the fields, how you can always take these as sure signs that rain will come.

And I believe it about the leaves, though the cows leave some doubt, as sometimes I am sure they only mean to rest a while.

But it's just another a quiet day.

KC has gone to her father's for the weekend and I'm left to clean house and wait for the laundry to dry, so that I too can make like I have a life and get out for a bit. Of course, my destination is never much of a surprise and no matter what direction I take, I always seem to find myself on my best friend's doorstep seeking sanctuary.

Sanctuary however, should not be misinterpreted as serene. With three children running about the house, it is seldom a place anyone would mistake for quiet. And yet, there are times when I crave noise more so than silence.

1 comment:

Orbling said...

Noise in that vein means company, we all crave that din from time to time.

My lungs are quite sensitive for some reason, and I find I can quite easily tell when it's going to rain just by taking a breath. The air changes quite a bit, the light changes as well. Seems the most reliable test.

Pleasent to have the light rain though, gentle summer rain is comforting I find.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs