Self-Banning: Not a Significant Source of Your Recommended Daily Amount of Fiber


I'm putting myself on a book ban, right along with everything else that has just got to go. Because I can't be trusted. Not with ice cream in my freezer. Not with a tall man sitting on my couch. Not with the kind of book that only encourages bad hanging on behavior when the key to moving on is really having to let go.

And far be it from me to feel the need to point out each and every one of my flaws to you. But honestly there are just some things you're absolutely going to need to know if we're to continue going on the way we've been.

Things I won't admit like sometimes being scared of the dark. Or covering my mouth with my hand while I'm driving in my car so people won't catch on to the fact that I'm singing. Or that I talk far too much when I'm nervous but even less than that when I'm upset.

Or that I'm over someone I'm absolutely not, that I'm interested in someone I shouldn't be, and that if I had to choose I'd go with the guy who took my heart two years ago and never came back to claim the rest of me.

And should anyone come across this smarmy bastard, smack him for me with the knowledge that he is owed...

This is where I should say that it's his loss. Not that he ever admitted it beyond his one attempt to say something I didn't quite understand that went a little something just like this, "I'm not the scared little bitch you think I am right now, but I am scared." (And a bitch! And yes, I added that last part on.)

God forbid I ever figure out what that means. It's like a riddle that no one, not even the one who spoke it, can solve...

Bunny Boy notwithstanding, I'm not getting any better at figuring out the puzzle. I know men think they've got it bad trying to figure out women speak, but damn if we women don't have it worst trying to figure out intentions.

Do they have them? What do they mean? And for the love of God what am I supposed to do?

(Side note: If anyone has any answers to any of the aforementioned questions, please contact me directly via the comment section. It would be awfully nice to be in the know on some of these things.)

Back to what I was saying...

It's all about avoidance.



Avoiding temptation, avoiding heartache, avoiding boy brought on depression, avoiding the freezer with the ice cream still calling out my name, avoiding everything and anything that I absolutely want, but can't and shouldn't have...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs