Odd Girl Out

There’s something to be said about having to be right at any cost. And I’m convinced that anyone who utters the phrase "Not to be rude, but…" in preface to most everything they have to say is someone who uses mock politeness as an excuse to be absolutely intolerable.

Perhaps I seem to be coming across a little harsh. Intolerable after all is a word that doesn’t leave room for much improvement. Then again intolerable has the habit of wearing rose colored glasses and believing that there is no other way than their way and their way is always perfectly right.

In other words which can be interpreted in their words, "I’m wrong."

Not that I’m saying in the least that I think I’m right one hundred percent of the time, I just know in this instance that a lot can be gained from a little perspective when living in the real world.

I like to call it reality.

The absolute truth of everything.

The truth is that I can’t change who I am without becoming someone I don’t want to be. And if that means I can’t be perfect, then so be it. I don’t have to reach unfathomable expectations to be happy with myself. And I certainly don’t need to kick myself in the ass anytime I make a mistake just to prove I’m really sorry for having made a judgment call that turned out to be not exactly how I hoped it would be.

Alanis said it best, "You live. You learn."

And isn’t that just the way this world goes ‘round?

So for all of you out there who think it’s you’re God given right to critique and criticize as often as you draw breath, a little small word of advice…

Ease up.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs