A Matter of Public Opinion

Dear NWTLO,

It's been a while since you and I have had a good heart to heart, but I can no longer deny that there are things that need to be said. Things like facebook is taking over my life, leaving me little time to do anything else but keep tabs on what all my friends and my not really my friends but they're my friends on facebook are doing. I think it may have something to do with the comments. As in I get them. I don't want to make you feel bad or anything, but the comments around here are almost non-existent. No one even says hi and I've got to tell you, that's more than just a little bit depressing...

But I won't hold it against you since it's mostly my fault. I used to get loads of comments and then, well I did kind of sort of let you down by taking a hiatus long enough to lose almost all my back then regular readers. Or at least the readers who would also take it upon themselves to speak up every now and then. So yeah, that's completely my fault and credit must be given where credit is due.

In other news, life goes on as normal... To work, to gym, to bed and then back to work again. I keep thinking that at some point there should be a little fun in-between all the routine, but fun seems to keep it's hand up in a give me a little space wave that keeps me at a distance. I try to get over this, but there are moments when I'm sitting at home waiting around for what turns out to be nothing when I feel like I'm at the edge of losing my mind from needing to just get out and have some fun.

So maybe I'll make plans NWTLO and then maybe I'll have something to write about besides doing my laundry and how damn cute my dogs are.

For now though I've got to get myself to bed... At some point this week, I'm going to hit the gym before going to work and since there's only two days left before the weekend, I'm running out of time to make this happen.

Let's make it sooner rather than later, shall we?

Yours...
Stacey

3 comments:

YM said...

I am still your biggest fan. That being said, my comment is as follows: Facebook is fun; NWTLO is not just fun reading, it is creative, it is sometimes thought provoking, it is sometimes laugh out loud, it is the craftsperson's outlet for a creative mind...it is my brightest spot on my computer. In other words, practice your craft; Facebook has its place, but NWTLO is your baby - you need to love it and tend it.

If you are serious about comments, post the link on your Facebook and gain new readers...

I remain, as always, a faithful reader (at least until you put the baby to bed and get on with your life's ambition - The Book!)

Stacey said...

Great idea, but I think that may be just a little too out there for me... There are some things I don't mind sharing, but there are more things I'd rather not with the masses of people who actually know me... Not that there aren't people who know me now that read... But... I think I still need a little bit of a cushion for comfort...

I think what I will do is pick and choose every now and then what I'm willing to share.

For now, I'm off to bed.

And of course, thank you for being my biggest fan. When the book someday sells, I'll make sure you get an honorable mention.

YM said...

Hey - I want the dedication page!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs