Sick on A Saturday


My sojourn back into society ever so brief as it was seems to be back on hold. I feel like I've been taken down in my prime, waking with a sore throat that has stayed with me throughout the day, shuffling around the house trying to both entertain myself and conserve my strength to prevent getting any sicker than I already am.

But where this has come from I haven't a clue. I fretted for a moment that maybe it was my peanut butter that had done me in, even going so far as to peer deeply into the jar wondering if its creamy goodness had been tainted by Salmonella.. And although it did look rather odd, though there's never really been a time when I've studied it quite so intently, I've decided to drop the alarm and consider this the common cold.

But what is it exactly that makes it common when your throat feels like its gotten a recent rubdown with a block of sandpaper and the inability to stay conscious for more than an hour or two at a time makes you think you've contracted a rare strain of narcolepsy?

Like the answer to how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop, the world may never know...

2 comments:

Karen C said...

Apparently the new thing to try is cinnamon & honey. My brother in law was sick for two weeks and finally started drinking tea made from cinnamon, honey & water. He says it made him feel better the next day. Just make sure you use raw honey (I think organic honey is raw...?)

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-and-cinnamon.html

Feel better soon! :)

Stacey said...

Okay... So I didn't try it, but I promise, next time I'm sick I will!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs