When the Lights Go Out

I was a bit frazzled before going to bed last night. And as always it was for the usual reason. Intent on making this visit, a good visit for one and all - despite the propensity for it to go the other way, whenever my sister and mother happen to be in the same room together - I tried to come up with a plan to get us all through the next three days without trampled feelings.

As if I have any control ...

What I did succeed in doing however was stressing myself out, which made me a prime candidate last night for nightmareville. I woke up this morning, a bit cloudy but remembering the premise of the dream, which happened to involve people cutting through my bedroom walls and tearing their brains out.

I'm going to guess that symbolically speaking I was trying to tell myself that there's not much use in overthinking a thing. Of course, that won't stop me from worrying ... I am what I am. And I'm the fixer of the family, always have been, always will be, the little girl who tries to keep the peace.

Ach ... I should be getting ready for work. I'd rather stay here and write all day but duty calls.

Until sooner or later ... Though one should always hope for sooner rather than later. This is Stacey, signing off.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs