Backlash of a Verbal Assault

We're back to living with the petulant child. Rules being do as I say but not as I do. Nagging little threats to make sure we tow the line. Expectations that often exceed reality as well as integrity. How easy was it to say in the beginning that we would agree on how to disagree and then veer completely off that path. How easy was it to say everything I wanted to hear while knowing the value of follow through would never honestly follow through. This is all water under the bridge now. Been there, done that, except here we are still running around ourselves in circles, chasing our tails the way some people chase demons away.

There's got to be a way to stop. There's got to be a solution somewhere in my head to cash in my chips and quit this game. You have opened my eyes and for the first time I see clearly the things I don't want are the things I don't need. And I can live without you. For a day. A month. A year. A lifetime. There will be nothing that I will miss. A nothing so pure that the thought of you will never invade my mind once I am gone. And there will be no return to this season we have shared, allocated to the darkest winter of my mind.

I have no pity. No feeling that I should share to make this seem less harsh than what it is. You killed off that last little piece of innocence in me. The part of me that could have seen your side and felt sorry for your shame. But you have made your bed with the consciousness of your decisions, and the deceptiveness of your actions and the petulance that seems to invade all aspects of your character.

I can do no more than bide my time. The end draws near of its own accord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is this person that you are talking about? Am I safe to assume that it is your boyfriend? You do sound very upset and hurt.. and I am thinking there is another woman involved. That is never a good thing.

Nance said...

I wish you nothing but the best. I believe every path we take be it good or bad was meant for some reason. Everyone we meet as well... It's always to bring us to a better place, learn more about ourselves and grow. A lot of times I feel I am in right in your shoes. Things here get better..really better and then go back to the reality of this isn't where I'm supposed to be or end up. Our circumstances may be different but in a lot of your writings we share the same thoughts and tears unfortunately. You've made a mistake in your mind but don't let yourself think that way and I know it's hard because you have a little one and I do too and sometimes I feel so guilty. But remember every road leads to another. This may have been a dead end for you but that country road with it's beautiful views, wildflowers and 10 cent lemonade stands with smiling little faces awaits you..just be patient.

KC said...

Just Me ... Everything you said was pretty much on the mark ... I guess it's just having to get in the mind set that change - when necessary - is inevitable ...

In other words, it's well past time to begin turning my mistakes into opportunities for growth and not let this latest lesson I'm learning go to waste.

As a friend of mine has been known to say, there is no road to happiness, just the road ... Travel at will.

Anon ... I don't normally respond to those who post sans identity, but it's never safe to assume anything ... I thought I was moving in with my boyfriend, and he did his best to perpertuate that myth until it became glaringly obvious that all he really wanted was a roommate.

I guess at the end of the day the joke was on me ... Now as I said in my post, I'm biding my time until I can make it the right time to leave ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs