There is no road to happiness ... Just the road.

When a woman speaks her mind it's because she's asking you to listen. To hear what she has to say, because she thinks it's important enough to be said.

And women have so much to say that sometimes they say nothing at all. They pack up words and pile them on their shoulders, carrying them around all day like an extra load of burden that only they can carry, just to prove that they can.

Far away friends have told me the importance of letting it all go ... To live life more as a comedy than tragedy. To give only what I can give, without losing the essentialness of myself and those things that make me happy.

I just wanted to let them know that I'm listening ...

1 comment:

Orbling said...

Friendships you carry in your heart, therefore they are only as far away as you keep them. :)

So much of the great literature is comic tragedy, it seems to be the fundamental viewpoint on life. [Think that's what Woody Allen was getting at in Melinda & Melinda...]

Listen and speak,
Speak and listen,
Learn the whole day through.
Keep your mind and ears wide open,
And you'll learn just what is true.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs