Leaving On a Jet Plane

Today is the day.

A few last minute things to do, a few last minute things to pack and then I am off to Atlanta (again) although this time with the pleasure of company. A great relief for me, as I am quite convinced that there is nothing worse in this entire world then traveling alone, especially when one is cursed with a horrid sense of direction and the gift of getting lost frequently.

So this is good. Because this means I don't have to put on the tough girl act and pretend I'm confident moving around the Atlanta airport, trying to remember how I'm supposed to find the shuttle that will take us to the hotel. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and follow. Toni and Doug can worry about getting us all where we need to be.

Still if I had my choice, I wouldn't be going at all. KC was with her Dad most of the week, and it would be nice to have the weekend to do something special together. But knowing KC, she'll be more than happy to spend time at Grandpa's while I'm gone. (Just as long as I bring her back a surprise.)

I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to bring my laptop. In the scheme of things, it just becomes another thing to carry, and since I don't know how long these meetings are going to last, I wonder if I'll even get the chance to use it. I guess we'll all find out together if NWTLO gets updated during the next couple of days. If not, it's okay to miss me while I'm gone.

So enough typing already! I better get a move on before the plane takes off without me. Can you imagine trying to explain yourself out of that on a Monday morning?

(Happy birthday Nana. I still miss you more than mere words can say.

Li manco ...
Per sempre e fino alla conclusione di tempo, il mio amore sara eternal.)


No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs