Very Superstitious

Far be it from me to say anything for or against today, being that it is Friday the 13th. Some out there would say that today by trade is a very unlucky day. Me ... Well, I'd like to think of it as just another Friday ending an excruciatingly long work week. But then again, I tend to be an optimist, as long as the glass is not half empty.

Of course, that was before my cat (a black one at that) tried to do me in this morning by running under my feet as I was attempting to maneuver the stairs with just one eye open. I'm choosing to think that since she was running in the direction of her food dish, she was just really excited to have breakfast this morning.

KC is already up too, which is unusual for any morning. According to the minor child she couldn't sleep. Perhaps I should give consideration to the fact that there could indeed be something strange in the air. Although if I had to hazard a guess, I'm thinking someone is more excited about having her Valentine's Day party at school and something to do about a boy named Ryan. But I'm not mentioning any names.

An interesting conversation in the office yesterday about Valentine's Day and the single girl. Maggie tried convincing Doug that any single woman would be willing to say "Yes" for a date, if that date happened to be on Valentine's Day. I, on the other hand had to raise some serious doubts on the desperation of single women.

Regardless of holiday, the answer to the question I said could only be determined by the guy asking, as not every woman falls victim to the scent of the red rose in February. A holiday created specifically for the month to drive the American man and the American dollar right into the clutches of florists, gift shops and candy stores alike. Not that I think there is anything at all wrong with that.

I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with setting one day aside to say to that special someone in your life "Hey, I'm glad your here."

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs