Long Day Running

Let me start off by saying ...

I am so tired I could sleep for a week. Not only did they wake me up at an ungodly hour - considering what time I went to bed - but they expected me to be Suzie Sunshine on the zip and go tour of Atlanta.

The question is ...

How many miles did I walk today?

And why was I having bad memory flashbacks of the walking tour in Boston? And why is it always all uphill? (If that's you - MOM - laughing ... You can stop now.)

So I'm making coffee. Yes, coffee. Why it is at this time of night I want to drink a cup of coffee is beyond me. Let's just call it a craving. A crazy craving.

And OWWWW ... Cause I just burnt my tongue! These sort of things do not happen with hot chocolate.

You know, ever since I saw that dateline episode - "JUST HOW CLEAN IS YOUR HOTEL ROOM?" - it's really put a damper on the whole staying out of town luxury feeling.

Last night as I laid my head down on one of the four pillows spread across the king size bed, all I could think about is what I would see if only I were in possession of a blacklight. It took me about two seconds to figure out that in this case, ignorance is bliss. Some things are better left to the unknown.

The room however nice is not home.

Which reminds me ...

I hope someone remembered to feed Emma today, and the fish, and give KC a goodnight hug and kiss from me since it was too late to call her tonight when we got back. It was too late to call lots of people even though the temptation was great. I hope at least they had sweet dreams.

So back to Atlanta ... Where I spent my entire day ... Walking. Nothing compares to being outside in February without a coat, being able to breathe without various body parts freezing and falling off, and seeing the world from a new point of view.

Atlanta is excitement and entertainment. Always something new around the next corner. It's cities underground, architecture that takes your breath away, and some of the friendliest people I have come across in a long time.

You know ... I'm not done posting. But I am done posting. I'm not even going to proof this to see if I've made any sense. More important things have arised.

Until tomorrow. This is Stacey, over and out.



No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs