Zestfully Clean

Ahhh ... I am quite convinced that there is nothing better than getting out of a hot shower, donning my favorite pajamas, making myself a steaming cup of Earl Gray tea, and popping in a favorite movie to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon alone, save for one small cat to keep me company.

Emma has a cold. Currently she is sitting right next to me as I type, trying to gain my attention away from the keyboard to get her ears scratched, occasionally eyeing my tea as she walks back and forth in front of the monitor. Normally little miss independent, Emma gets rather clingy when she's not feeling her normal catty self. Poor thing. I shall have to cater to her feline whims today and pamper her back to health.

I'm still trying to decide if I've going to watch the SuperBowl tonight. I'm not exactly a big football fan, but I like to check out the half time show and catch a couple of the mega million dollar 30 second commercial spots, just so I can say I saw them in case the topic comes up around the watercooler at work.

Amy and family may also be dropping over later for dinner. Both Amy and Jen were jealous to hear that I made Chicken Riggies for Sean last week and out of the goodness of my heart, I promised them that I would make another batch just for them. It doesn't hurt that I feel like cooking today either.

But for now, Emma and I are going to retire to the couch, watch my favorite movie, and fold some laundry.

If you do anything today, make sure to spend some quality time by yourself or with those you love.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs