Bookworm & Blogging

I was walking around with my nose in a book thinking about making breakfast and I thought of this... Sounds like it just might be the beginning of more thoughts to come.

I want the simple things in life.

Scones in the morning. Tea in the afternoon. Someone to steal the morning paper from so I can read the funnies before he can read the news.

I want the thought of my daughter upstairs asleep nestled in her warm cocoon to relax me and give me peace, while the cats sunning themselves from their bird watching position on the windowsill remind me that making the most out of every opportunity available is the spice of life.

What I really want is Sunday on Saturday morning. A week full of Sunday mornings. To slow down and take my time for little pleasures. No more short cuts to taking the long way around.

Time enough to savor every moment. Every smile. And every laugh.

We shouldn't need a recipe to know how to feel alive. Sometimes though, we need to remember how.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs