Not Making the Most of a Day

Yet another depressingly dull day not spent doing anything worth doing other than hiding out at home pretending I had something valid to do by sticking my nose in a book and waiting - as it seems I've forever waiting now - for my daughter to return home.

And perhaps the thought of this weekend which had been meant to be spent as a family weekend of sorts has only managed to disappoint me more by the fruitlessness of my own expectations when confronted by the reality of what is and continues to be a far cry from any idea of what the word family means in my own personal definition of the word.

I guess I'm just feeling all out of sorts and really not able to put things in perspective today. I'm crying at the drop of a hat, losing my temper over truly insignificant things and feeling altogether most unlike myself that even I don't want to be around me.

I have no words for it anymore that don't seem exhausted and tired and in my case as of late overused.

** And then she gets the brilliant idea to watch a DISNEY MOVIE (for the love of God) like that's going to cheer her up!!! Now I've got more tears, a headache, and yet more proof that Disney's got a thing for orphans...

The movie however - while animated - did have a good message overall... My opinion is watch Meet the Robinson's... Just make sure to keep your Advil and a cold compress on hand.

2 comments:

YM said...

Hey - I'm family. Do I fit in your definition?

Maybe it's a touch of seasonal affect disorder and only loosely correlated with your wacky family.

Hope the coming week will be better and brighter...make it that way or as I say almost on a daily basis this time of year - fake it til you make it.

I remain, as always, your biggest fan.

Stacey said...

Of course you fit in my definition of family... I mean really, you are the best Mom ever!

As for what it's a touch of, I don't know... But I've decided to put my best foot forward and get over it. Even if it means taking vitamins!

Biggest fan? Or only fan?

; )
YDS

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs