Good Things

Good and unexpected things can come from having a flat tire. Like leaving work early on a Friday afternoon.

And I feel at peace. Content. A feeling I've been missing for so long. And I want to smile and laugh, and call my friends and say, "I think I found myself today at Barnes and Noble. I think I found myself today while I was walking all alone out in the cold. I think I found myself today when I smiled and it wasn't a fake smile. I think I found myself over a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a french baguette. I think I found myself and oh my God, I didn't even realize that I've been missing..."

And what I'm not going to do is negate this feeling. No staying at home and settling in for the night with my face in a book while life is living it up all around me...

Not me. Tonight I'm going to surround myself with friends, good conversations and wish myself some pre-birthday wishes for my thirty-third year here on Earth...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs