My Excuse For Skipping Church

Were we supposed to change our clocks last night?

I woke up this morning making the conscious decision that staying in bed was a far better idea than going to church and that the novel I had meant to savor and take my time with was worth starting now rather than waiting a few hours of running here, there and everywhere just to get back to this moment. The moment when I decided not to go to church.

And then my phone rings.

Something it has not done a lot of this weekend - though truth be told I was no longer expecting it to, having come to the foregone conclusion that silence is an answer even when it's the wrong way to go about giving one.

That being said Brenda called and I missed the phone call. Missed, as defined as couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to break the news to her that I wasn't going to church and scared that she might try to guilt me into it. And so when it rang, I didn't pick it up. I decided to think about it.

And after thinking about it and subsequently getting very confused over the whole what time is it really thing, I called her back, thankfully to find that we're both on the same page this morning in our decision to stay home.

And yes, I know...

Skipping church is not a good idea even though the book I'm reading is all about one woman's spiritual quest with God... Though quite honestly, in the back of my mind, I've decided that somehow this does count as going to church albeit it's via my couch and my pj's and doesn't include, at least at this point any singing on my part.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs