Brainwashing For Bargains

Grocery shopping has never been one of the things I enjoy doing. In fact, I will go so far as to say that I find the whole cart pushing experience tedious, time consuming, and totally taxing. Half of the time I can't reach the items I need, I can't find the items I want, and I swear if someone gave me the power to revoke cart pushing privileges to the seemingly sane insane people that inhabit grocery stores as mobile roadblocks and public nuisances, I'd be one of those people who would gladly abuse my power for the greater good.

Last night however, I almost had fun. Then again, shopping with Jodi was quite the experience. Her with her coupon clipping ways and bargain shopping skills that made my penny pinching Poppa look like a Catholic schoolgirl on her way to first communion. A truth I had to see to believe and then had to mock as much as possible the entire time we were there...

Then again, I truly believe she deserved it after she refused - absolutely refused to buy the best crackers around. The best crackers being Town House and their delicious little party pack of butter crisp, wheat and sesame seed goodness. And given that their competition was a freaking box of Triscuits, perfectly acceptable in its own plain Jane cracker of dubious origin and even less taste way, the choice itself was obvious.

Obvious until she whipped out the holy grail of coupon hoarding booklet, and realized that seventy-five cents off regular price for two boxes or more far surpassed my on sale, but not on sale enough choice of crackers made by the people who know what baking in yummy goodness is all about...

And you know who I'm talking about...

I'm talking about the elves. The short, sassy, sweet and the oh so fashionably dressed elves from the order of Keebler. Elves capable of making things, "Uncommonly good."

And why anyone tries to do any better, I'll never know... I guess it's just a good thing I've got an unopened box ready and waiting at home...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs