A Movie Worth Watching... Who Knew?

Okay... So Sue called me the other night, wondering what I had planned other than my usual absolutely nothing on a Friday night, even though my daughter is at her father's for the weekend, and I really do need to get a life occasionally bit of nothing much at all, and suggested a trip to the movies.

And since a trip to the movies seemed like just the perfect idea to help shake the blues, I didn't hesitate in saying "Yes!" and "What time?"

So she and her son Josh, who was kind enough to mention that I remind him of his fifty year old, ugly teacher from school who just happens to be almost as funny as me but not quite, picked me up from home to take me away from it all...Honestly, I don't think Calgon could have done it much better, despite the fact that I was being compared to a woman one step away from using a walker, and a face reminiscent of a plastic treasure troll.

I called Josh on this in the parking lot, craning my neck towards the sky to give him the I may be short, and I may be funny, but I can still kick your ass in Guitar Hero any day glare of an adopted by proximity and friendship mock Aunt. A look I can say I've perfected after seventeen years of gifting my own nephew Jamie with every known stare in the universe.

He, of course, started apologizing profusely, tripping over his own tongue to say that he wasn't really saying he thought I looked like his troglodyte teacher, that what he was really saying was that I was as funny, if not funnier than she... Which after I picked on him just a tad bit longer before letting him off the hook, turned out to be quite alright.

The movie however turned out to be quite excellent and a pleasant surprise to find that every once in a while, someone out there in movie land can actually find a writer who knows how to write and a director who can film a movie that has personality, depth, compassion and humor all rolled up into one delicious two hour stretch of time.

Juno is a must see. A must see for anyone who values stimulating dialogue, and the kind of special effects that only their own heart can produce...

Rollo: So what's the prognosis, Fertile Myrtle? Minus or plus?
Juno MacGuff: I don't know. It's not seasoned yet.
[grabs products]
Juno MacGuff: I'll take some of these. Nope... There it is. The little pink plus sign is so unholy.
[shakes pregnancy tester]
Rollo: That ain't no Etch-A-Sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, Homeskillet.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs