Puppy Love


Puppies are like newborns minus the diapers and maternity leave. And I have to admit that I've recently discovered, after minimal protest on my part - that I have now become one of those people. One of those because my puppy can fit in a handbag and wear cute fuzzy sweaters, I'm going to take her everywhere I go because I can people. Making the reality of all of this seem quite over the top, even for me...

One, because I'm a grown woman who now coddles her dog like a babe wrapped in a blanket. And two, because I just can't seem to put her down and when I do it's like instant puppy breath withdrawal. And trust me, for a tried and true cat lover this whole puppy love thing is like the ultimate in warm and fuzzy. Except in Lucy's case maybe not so fuzzy as much as completely adorable.

Of course, this has given me yet a new challenge to attend to and after reading numerous articles, tip giving guides and how to's, I'm all about teaching Lucy to be the best little dog a pup can be...

Because as my Mother said and still says in regards to child rearing, it's all about consistency. And who knows, this time around, I may just heed that well given advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're still alive and blogging...haven't had a chance to catch up on the years I've missed here yet but I hope all is well with you and yours! Formerly from the online outlet out of Dallas, TX; yours truly.

Stacey said...

Tim -

Hope your travels have seen you living well and taking good care of yourself and those you love...

Don't be a stranger, stranger... Old blogging buddies need to check in every once in a while.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs