Amazing Grace


I went to church this morning, a little hesitant to be back after more than two weeks away, worried that I wasn't quite ready to handle the whole stand in the pew and not cry thing. And as it turned out, I wasn't able to do anything without crying...

Straight into the first song, I was a mess with the waterworks, feeling like a fool and about to make a quick exit when Marguerite sat down beside me, gave me a hug and whispered, "I'll be right back with some Kleenex."

And it's people like Marguerite, Marcia, Sandy, Susan, Donna, Marilyn and Marlene - which honestly is just to name a few of the people that I attend church with, who contribute regularly to the generosity of spirit and kindness that is the hand of God in human form. To them, and to all the other wonderful people who have reached out these past few weeks to my father, my sisters, and myself, I offer my most sincere thanks. Words can not express the gratitude we feel...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs