Balloons & Birthdays

Every once in a while, life forces me to live in reality rather than here on the blog. And the reality around here has kept me far beyond busy these past two days. So busy in fact, that I unplugged the DSL cable from it's modem, rolled it up as best as one can roll a cable up, and tucked it beneath the couch for safekeeping where it had been hidden until just about an hour ago.

And I figured I'm due for some down time. What with all the running around I've done, cleaning I've suffered through and the pure exhaustion that was my evening last night, I'm all about doing what I want to do... That is, if I really want to do anything at all.

You see last night we had a sleepover... But not just any sleepover! No. We had a birthday party, no one went to bed until almost dawn, popcorn making, soda drinking, guitar hero playing, giggling, laughing, running around the house, five girls in one bathroom, we're not going to bed cause we're having too much fun sleepover last night. And you know something, when you have that many girls in your house, even when they're not all your own, you worry as if they were.

Between enforcing the no open window rule last night, worrying about a possible allergic reaction to who knows what with one of them, saving a fish (don't ask) and making sure everyone was happy, safe and content, it took a lot out of me. And don't even ask what time I finally managed to crawl into bed because as far as I'm concerned, I should still be there!

Still... I wouldn't change a bit of it for the world. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that moments such as these are memories I'm helping make for my daughter's future.

She is a rare joy. Sometimes cantankerous and too big for her britches, but at her core a warm, funny, engaging child, smart when she wants to be, creative all the time, brave, independent, musically talented, gift from God.

And the love of my life... Always.

Happy Birthday KC...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs