Black Ice

Still feeling a lot shaky after a close encounter with a bridge, two guard rails and a patch of black ice that asked me to dance before I had a chance to say no.  I have no idea how I remained calm when I was convinced I was going to crash and crash badly in a I don't know if I'm going to walk away from this kind of way.  Somehow however as my car pinged from one lane to the other like a bad rendition of pong I held the wheel steady and steered into and finally out of the slides.  Thankfully there were no cars on either side of me and the cars behind me were far enough back that the only true worry I had was just getting the car back under control.  

To say someone upstairs was looking out for me tonight is not an exaggeration.  Tonight could have been something far beyond bad considering how fast I was going (55 mph) and how icy the road evidently was.  I'm convinced that my hands were not alone on the wheel... I'm convinced that the calm I felt was the quiet confidence of someone else.  I'm convinced that I'm here because someone didn't believe it was my time to go...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs