There Should Have Been a Full Moon

Last night must have been a full moon... How else to explain all the weirdness coming our of the woodwork?

Jake stopped by with a mere 5 minute warning via text that he was literally in my hood.  Evidently it had recently become his mission in life to make sure that a 15 year recognition plaque (that I had intentionally left behind in a drawer in my old office when I left) be returned to its rightful owner. I honestly don't know why he was so concerned over it when to be honest it's a cheap piece of paper in an even cheaper frame...

But come over he did, complete with a bottle of some sort of booze that I didn't recognize, his Dad's favorite drink, he said, best over ice.  And so I poured him a glass and made myself a rum with pineapple going very light on the rum for a change.  And then the real reason for his visit became clear, it was the anniversary of his Dad's death.  January 16th.

I think he just simply needed to be with someone he knew and someone he felt comfortable with.  He didn't stay too long however and I didn't ask him where he was off to next.  I was hoping it was home but Jake seems to avoid his house and his life in favor of little bars and perhaps women who make him forget about his troubles for a while.  Many years ago I used to be one of those women until I realized that risking my heart to be a placebo for someone else's pain was the last thing I could afford to be to him and for him although I have remained as always his friend.


No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs