Doing What I Love


I'm trying something new tonight. Listening to MSN radio to bring about some new thoughts by altering the sounds around me. The only problem is when I start to get a little too involved in the music, swaying along to the beat, I forget that what I'm supposed to be doing is writing, not getting lost in the song.

But getting lost is easy when the lyrics pull you in and the melody draws you near. You can't help but surrender yourself to a dozen different thoughts. Certain songs, certain artists, they can do that to you.

Tonight I feel a million miles away, I might as well be on the other side of the world. Nights like these when I'm okay with the darkness and the single candle lit within. Nights like these when I like being the only one here sitting alone in front of my computer waiting for the words to come. And when they do it feels like magic...

If you're like me, you know this feeling. You've felt it like the strength of arms wrapped around you. Holding you in, helping you up, giving you strength, letting you go... And when you're without it, your body always longs for that embrace.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs