Mom On the Run

I admit it... I slept with the light on last night. Pretending it was only sheer laziness that kept me from getting out of bed to turn it off rather than cop to the fact that keeping it on made me feel better protected against the fugitive spider in my room. ('Cause everyone knows that spiders will absolutely not crawl into your bed just so long as the light is on.) And it was with this knowledge that I was finally able to fall asleep last night and stop worrying about whether or not the brown walls of my bedroom were camouflaging the little bastard. And as far as I'm concerned tonight, he took advantage of the opportunity to pack his bags and leave while I was at work today, leaving my room miraculously spider free.

Did I mention that I really don't like spiders?

In other news, no word on the Mom front which I'm guessing means she's yet to track down Bono or any of his affiliates. I do wonder however if she's having the time of her life, not that I actually have any doubts that she is. But it's just so weird, my little Mom is a world traveler. Experiencing new places, new people, and new things, and all without me...

And I've got to admit, I'm a little jealous. But in a very good way. I did tell her however that next year we'll be adding me to her carry on luggage. I don't care where we go (actually I do) just as long as it requires a passport and lots of dramamine to get me through the airplane ride.

Unfortunately I'm at my limit for blogging before bed with another early in looming large before me. And since tomorrow is an absolutely can't stay late at work night with a return of the Thursday night getting back to God dinner and discussions at church, I've got to take my lumps and go in at the ass crack of dawn... Or at least twenty minutes after my alarm initially goes off.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs