The hot cocoa remedy did not work but only because I didn't even bother to make it. Otherwise I have every confidence that it would have done the trick. Needless to say, I never managed to get back to sleep. Instead doing a little light housework to pass the time until the sun finally came up to greet the day.

Armed with the "Nectar of the Gods" (Mountain Dew) and more than one cup of coffee, which was so incredibly strong it could have put hair on your chest, I made it through what could have been a very ugly day. The downside of exaggerated levels of caffeine in my bloodstream however, made me a little loopy ... And had me flirting with just about every male customer that sounded the least bit cute over the telephone. I even asked one guy if he could call me on a daily basis to tell me how wonderful I was, since he had expressed gratitude for the help I had given him during our phone conversation. It got me a laugh, now I'll have to wait and see if it gets me a call.

Dinner at Dad's tonight. I kind of invited KC and I, by asking my Dad what he was making us for dinner ... Oh who am I fooling? I just plain old invited us over to dinner because I had absolutely no desire to cook tonight. Or clean. Or move more than a fraction of an inch towards anything that revolved around domesticity. I probably shouldn't have invited my older sister and her entire family as well, since it isn't even my house but hey ... You can never have enough quality family time.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs