As a single parent, I can attest to how hard it is to try to keep everything together on a daily basis. It's all so exhausting, trying to be both Mom, Dad and the sole provider for my little family. During the day, you work your ass off, doing the overtime when necessary to bring in a couple more dollars to the fold. Second shift begins at home, helping the minor child with her homework, while making a meal that makes it into the mouth rather than pushed around on a plate. After dinner, it's cleanup. Wash the dirty dishes in the sink, sweep the floor, pick up the living room, throw out the papers overflowing out of the MC's book bag while making sure she's brushed her teeth and selected her bed time story before wishing her sweet dreams until the morning.

It's no wonder that even though I can strike a mean Super Girl pose, I am far from being the invicible woman. Sometimes it's easier to forget about the things I need to do in favor of just sitting back and relaxing. It isn't hard to think that I can always get to it tomorrow. Problem is, my procratinating can make a simple task a much more compliacted one by the time I get around to doing it.

I am a creature of habit and habitually, I like to read. I would probably fall into one of those categories of women who believe that it can't be done unless there is a step by step guide instruction manual explaining how. With that being said, how could I have even tried to resist my latest purchase ... I'm just amazed that no one else heard this title screaming my name. Taking baby steps as the book instructs, the very simple principles I have read about thus far are surprisingly easy. It all just makes sense. Maybe I can change my evil ways.

Speaking of evil ways, my friend Mike told me I was giving off a bad aura today. I was about to punch his teeth in when I realized he was talking pretty color lights and not a mysterious foul order. Thankfully, I figured this out before doing any damage to his person. Personally, I think it's all a crock ... I'm pretty sure I would notice if I were glowing. But, as much as I hate to admit it, he was right when he said he was picking up a very tense vibe from me.

I haven't spoken of it on here because it's really hit home but my Mom may be very sick. I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse but it's really hard to do. With her so far away in North Carolina and me here in New York worrying myself sick, it's really hard to give off happy all the time. Mom's surgery is next week and I am trying to figure out a way I can juggle my schedule to fly down and be there for her. Mom, of course, doesn't want me to come. She'd rather have me save my vacation time and my money for when she is able to enjoy a visit. She doesn't understand that I just want my Mommy! Mom's always make everything better ... it's their job.

I gave Emma a bath earlier, she was not amused the least little bit and just to prove her point, I am now sporting a set of matching claw marks on my right shoulder. At least, she had the decency to not get my tattoo. (Yes, I said tattoo.) Considering how much time, pain and money went into my little piece of body art, I wouldn't have taken kindly to feline temper tantrum. This image provided the creative idea for my tattoo, although I altered it somewhat to personalize it a bit more. Perhaps by the time I get around to taking a picture of it, I'll know how to post it on my blog. Until then a simple explanation will have to do ...

My tattoo features the female fairy sitting on her toad stool, although rather than seeing just her profile, her face is turned towards you as if the wind had suddenly alerted her of a strange presence. Beside her on her toad stool, she is reading a book with a muted pink butterfly sitting on the very tip of its pages, the ribbon from her book mark fluttering in the breeze. On her arm, she sports a tattoo of her own, a simple old fashioned key, colored in black. The rest of her coloring remains true to the actual picture she represents. At the moment she's single ... So for now, her male counterpart will have to wait.

My friend Scott asked me today what exactly her key represents. As I told him, dear readers, that is still my secret to keep.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs